Thursday, August 8

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My husband is a picky eater, especially when it comes to sweets.  I could make a decadent elaborate ganache layer cake, and he would still prefer brownies from a box.  


I've accepted this as my reality, but I've decided to make it a personal challenge to find things he likes and secretly broaden his "sweet" horizon.  Day 1 of my challenge : The Infamous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie.  


He is none the wiser of my plan with my choice for day 1. Why should he be?  I chose one of his favorite cookies.  Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  MMMMM...  Who can resist?


Plus it gives me another reason to use my retro blue Kitchen Aid mixer.  She loves making cookies and creams butter and sugar like a pro.  


So what's the verdict, you say?  Did he embrace my sudden urge to make his favorite cookie or was he suspicious?  


He loved them!  Even I broke down and had a few.  He can't eat 30 some cookies all by himself right?


Want the recipe?  Yeah, I figured you would.  These are quick, easy, and yummy.  They whip up in about 10 minutes and only take 13 to bake.  You could be eating fresh, hot cookies in less than 30 minutes so get to it!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
(sub 1/2 nuts and 1/2 chips if you like nutty cookies)

Directions:
1. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla slowly and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
4. Add chips and oats and mix lightly.

Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes.  

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails