Tuesday, May 4

Engaged!

I got engaged May 1st!  My boyfriend was really romantic and planned a whole evening of surprises.  First, let's talk about the food...  We went to Bistro Laurent Tourondel (http://www.bltsteak.com/).  It is a new steakhouse in the Trump Tower in Waikiki.  We sat on the lanai for sunset and ate like Kings/Queens!  I had stacked onion rings, grilled asparagus, a massive filet mignon, potato au gratin, and jeeze - a lot more.  It is new to Hawaii, but not a new place.  There are BLT steakhouses and fish houses all over.  It is French style and flavors mixed with the American concept of a steakhouse.  Needless to say I enjoyed myself, the food, and off course, the company.

I found these pictures on the web, but they are exactly what I had!
Somehow when you stack onion rings, they become less crude, greasy, and uncivilized.  I felt they were a totally appropriate appetizer!


Not only did we order tons of food, they offered these popovers to us to start with.  WOW!  They were huge and buttery delish.  They came with a little recipe card, so I can't wait to make some for my next popover craving...

We then continued to Lanikai Beach.  The whole night was a surprise, so I was guessing the whole way into Kailua where we were going.  I can't handle suspense!

We got to the beach and my boyfriend pulled out a blanket and a cooler full of champagne, strawberries, and chocolate covered Godiva pretzels.  We walked down to the beach and found a spot between the canoes to set up camp for a little while.  He had planned to propose that night because of the moonrise, but it was a little too cloudy to see it come up over the water.  It was still a beautiful night for the beach though.

He pulled out the ring and the rest is history...

Sometimes it's nice to be wined and dined! 


No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails