Monday, December 19

True Life of a BOY Mom

When I found out I was having another boy last year, I was so excited and a little sad at the same time about all the things I would never get to do with a little girl.  The disappointment was fleeting and was quickly replaced by happiness, I love being a boy mom!  Two wild boys make the days fly by and my house is NEVER clean.


It has been so much fun to watch my two boys enjoy each others company, entertain each other, and discover new things together. When I hear endless giggles from the other room, it makes me so happy that these two boys are the light in my life.


We had these photos taken a few months ago when my youngest was around 6 months old.  Things were tough for a while with my oldest being rough on the little one, sibling jealousy, and just pure exhaustion.  The best part about being a mom is knowing that "this too shall pass" and another wonderful moment will arrive.


I love the free spirit, inquiring mind, and imaginative soul that this little one is becoming.  He reminds me so much of myself each day and whenever we butt heads, it is because of our similarities.  It's worth it in the end.  Nothing is more meaningful and fulfilling to me than being a boymom to these two rascals.  I love imagining the future and what/who they will become.


I recently read a parenting book that suggested you write down the first 10 words that pop in your head when you think about the things you want your child to become/embody.  Then focus on what those words mean to you and how you can achieve/teach them.  It was an exercise in truly connecting with our lives and the impact we have on our children.  What's more important, worksheets and homework or character and compassion?
My words were
Compassionate
Kind
Giving
Empathetic
Imaginative
Loving
Understanding
Open Minded
Intelligent
Driven

What would yours be for your child?


No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails