Thursday, November 7

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe

It's officially cold out in Tucson.  Let me be clear, that means it is below 70.  Something about the wickedly hot summers makes anything below 70 seem like freezing.  I'm not complaining.  This cold weather has inspired me to do some cold weather baking.  Hence, chocolate chip pumpkin bread.


My mom got this recipe from a friend in 1985.  I have been eating this for as long as I can remember and I used to love eating it from the freezer.  When I make it now, I like to pop it in the freezer and eat it the next day.  Weird, I know, but food habits are the hardest to break.  


This recipe makes about 8 small loaves or 2 large ones.  I like to make a few mini loaves with my mini loaf pan and a few medium ones.  That way I can freeze them and pull a small one out in the morning for breakfast without deciding to eat 10 servings at once.


You will probably enjoy eating it fresh out of the oven.  The chocolate chips are still gooey and extra chocolaty when warm.


This recipe is really quick and you only need a few basic ingredients.  It would be a great holiday gift or treat for your co-workers.


If you have a few hours, this bread can be mixed up in less than 10 minutes, baked in 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, and eaten in less than 2 hours.  Not bad for a loaf of YUM.


INGREDIENTS: 
yield: 8 small loaves or 2 large loaves

3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. allspice
16 oz. can of pumpkin
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 pkg. mini chocolate chips

1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl

2. Mix all wet ingredients together in a different bowl.

3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined, fold in chocolate chips.

4. Bake at 325 F for 30-40 min. for small loaves and 45 min. to 1 1/2 hours for large loaves, depending on the size of the pan.

5. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.  

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails