Sunday, August 4

Stay at Home Mom-hood

I recently decided to be a stay at home mom.  Before baby I was a pastry cook at a luxury resort.  I love baking and really loved my job.  Deciding to stay home was a huge decision and one I battled with during the whole pregnancy and the last 3 months.  The moment I decided to stay home I felt so much more relaxed.  No more trying to figure out a pump schedule, sleep schedule, work schedule, etc.  

(just a few of the things I LOVE and miss)

Why did I decide to stay home?  
The main reason I decided to stay home is because I want to raise my baby.  I don't want to put him in daycare, I want to be the one to play with him all day, put him down for naps, and feed him.  I know this is how mom's feel.  They want to experience life everyday with their little ones.  I am lucky enough that I have this choice, and it comes with sacrifices and compromise.  My husband decided to work a few extra shifts a month to help make up for my loss of income.  It has been well worth it from my point of view.  It gives me more time to care for our family and to watch our baby grow.  I think we both get more sleep this way.

With all of these changes in my life I have realized I am quickly becoming a sedentary log of a person that wakes up, plays, reads, feeds, and cares for a baby.  Then I am on repeat all day long.  We do get out of the house and we do a little more than that, but you get the idea.  It is so easy to get into a rut of doing nothing.  


This week I have started setting daily goals and have noticed a huge improvement.  The first thing I did was get a weekly/monthly planner.  I use it to write my daily and weekly goals down and to record what we did.  If we went to story time at the library, I write that down, if we watched 3 made for tv movies, I don't lie about it, in the book it goes.  This is a fun way for me to see what we have done throughout the week, and helps me set goals.

Here are my goals for next week:

-Go to story time at the Library
-Walk 4 times during the week
-Watch the sunset 3 times 
-Go swimming at least twice
-Sew 3 new things
-Cook something new
-Blog 3 times a week

I am trying to keep it simple.  My main goals are to be more social, active, and productive.  These are the little things I think will help achieve those larger goals.

What do you do to stay sane as a stay at home mom?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails