Sunday, August 25

Baked Chicken Tenders

Crunchy chicken tenders hot off the fryer.  Wait...  these aren't fried?  Why are they so crispy and delicious?  Magic? Oh, that makes sense.



These were a huge hit with my carnivore.  Which brings me to item number 4 of my "Cooking for a Carnivore" challenge.  Baked Chicken Tenders. 


This is a really quick and easy recipe and it tastes great.  All you need is chicken, flour, a few eggs, panko, and some parmesan.  You could leave out the parmesan but it makes these extra yummy.  Give yourself about a half hour from start to finish and you will be eating lunch in no time.


I think I liked these so much because as I dipped them in BBQ sauce, I really forgot they weren't fried and then decided I liked them even more than the fried version.  Healthy, protein packed, and very versatile.  


For lunch we had these with Garlic Green Beans and Cantaloupe.  For dinner, they were sliced and served with pasta, like a Chicken Parmesan.  It was delicious both ways.  

I got the recipe from forkknifeswoon.  I changed it a little, but it is basically the same.  You can get the original here.  Or you can follow my slightly different version below.


1. Cut chicken into strip pieces.  I used kitchen shears and it was quick and painless to get any size I wanted.
2. Set up your breading station.  You will need one bowl for the flour, one for the beaten eggs, and one for the panko and parmesan which you will mix together.
3. First coat each chicken strip in flour.
4. Then dip it in the eggs.
5. Finish off with the panko and parmesan mixture, coating the chicken evenly.
6. Then place it on a well sprayed sheet pan or foil lined and sprayed pan.
7. Repeat until all of the chicken has been breaded.  
8. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.  Then broil it at the very end for 2-5 minutes to get it dark and crispy.

EAT - EAT - EAT

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails