Wednesday, September 14

Handmade Anniversary Gift

My husband and I got married 3 months ago and since we are in a new home, in a new city, I decided to give him a little gift.  I framed our vows and put them on our dresser for him to find when he came home from work.  We both wrote our own vows, so it was a little more meaningful than the traditional "to have and to hold" stuff.


I typed them up on my computer and used 2 different fonts.  One for my vows, one for his.  Then I switched them around for the highlighted portions in blue.  I just chose some of the more important words/phrases to highlight.  


Then I put them in 8 by 10 frames on our new IKEA dresser.  :)


Don't they look nice next to a few of our engagement pictures?


Cody really liked them and I was really pleased with how they turned out.  If you are looking for the fonts, I used Olivetti  Type 2 (typewriter) and Sunshine in My Soul (script).  Click on the names to download them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails