Sunday, September 15

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Huge fan of peanut butter.  Huge fan of chocolate.  It's nothing new that they go great together, so why not make some chocolate chip peanut butter cookies?


It all started at 8 am this morning when I was lounging around after my morning walk with baby boy.  I was craving something sweet.  Not just the usual twix and chocolate sweet, but like yummy homemade sweets!  (I am kind of an addict.)


My husband loves peanut butter cookies, so I decided I could kill two birds with one stone.  Peanut butter cookies for him and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for me.  All in less than half an hour.  Seriously, I got a craving and an hour later I had: chosen a recipe, decided to add chocolate chips to my half, and mixed, baked, and ate 'em.


The peanut butter cookies were so good.  A little bit chewy with a crunch.  I liked them, really.


Enough to eat one or two.  Although I saved the bulk of them for the intended recipient, my husband.  This totally counts as a Cooking for a Carnivore challenge success.  He loved these cookies.


These are so quick and easy and use ingredients that most of us have on hand so get up and make yourself something good.  Bonus= you can make them chocolaty or not.  Totally up to you.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter.  

2. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.

3. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix until a smooth dough is formed.

4. Scoop the cookies now for plain peanut butter or add the chocolate chips for the peanut butter chocolate version.

5. Make a criss cross with a fork on top of each cookie and flatten as you go.

Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes until edges are browned.

Eat a dozen and give a dozen to a friend.  
This batch makes between 15-24 cookies depending on your scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails