Tuesday, April 16

Fabric Bunting Tutorial


I love garlands, buntings, pennant banners, whatever you want to call them.  They look great on any wall and I thought one would look super cute over the baby crib, so I decided to make one.


I am decorating the baby room with woodland prints, gnomes, woodsy fabrics, browns, and creatures of the forest.  So when I chose my fabrics, I wanted something along those lines.


This was a really quick project to sew and it doesn't use up very much fabric.  I used pieces I had on hand and just cut everything very close to the pattern edge.  :)


This tree stump fabric is one I picked up in California at Birch.  Super cute.  My favorite part about the bunting is the bias tape that I used.  It is a linen tape with a lace print on it that I got at Shirokiya (a Japanese department store) in Hawaii when they still carried craft supplies.  I love love love it.  Super delicate look and it adds a little touch of Hawaii (for me anyways).


This little one with the tiny mushrooms is from Birch too.  I think I need to make a fabric trip out to see my Aunt again, she just happens to live within an hour from their little shop.  I used two wood grain fabrics, one in green and one in brown. I will be using  a lot of those in my baby sewing projects coming up.  They go perfect with my theme.


I don't have the crib set up yet, but I am thinking I want it to drape across the top.  I made this little gnome wall hanging a while ago and it goes perfect!


To make this bunting, I used a free pattern and tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.  You can find it here.


It is a great tutorial with step by step instructions and pictures.  You could make it really long to go across a huge hallway, or just do a few little pieces for a corner or kitchen.  I love that you can choose any fabrics and make it a completely different feel.  I know this will go perfect in the baby room and I can't wait to see it above our brown crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails