Friday, April 12

Bird Mobile Pattern


Sweet little birds all perched on branches.  


 I have been wanting to make one of these little bird mobiles for at least a year.  Last week I decided to just go for it and I made 8 little birds in blues, yellows, and browns.  They turned out great.


Then I found some drift wood that I had brought with me from Hawaii and I put together this little mobile for the baby room.


I love that they are all a little different.  I tried to use boyish colors, but I really wanted to throw a hot pink one in there!  


These little birds are great as decoration around the home, pincushions, baby toys, cat toys, you name it.  If you don't have room for a whole mobile, you can still make a few to enjoy.  I am going to make one with a little bell or rattle inside for a baby toy (can't wait to see that in action!)

A quick and easy sewing project, perfect for beginners.  The pattern uses hand sewing, but I used my machine for everything.  To tie the branches together I used raffia, and I used my hot glue gun to position the birds on the branches.


I got the pattern from Spool Sewing.  They have lots of great inspiration and a few other patterns for free. 


To print a copy of your own pattern from the Spool Sewing site, CLICK HERE.

Have fun and good luck.  You will be sewing up a flock of these in no time!



No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails