Thursday, November 25

Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for??

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I love Thanksgiving.  Lots of eating, family, and relaxation.  This year I work in the afternoon, but that's ok.  My family and I are going to enjoy an early brunch, and then it is off to reality and working.  A few of my favorite things about Turkey Day: garlic mashed potatoes, turkey (duh), a reason to overeat (as if I don't normally), and implied seconds.  What am I thankful for you ask??  So many things in my life, but I will share a few of the highlights.


Beautiful days of hiking and spending time with good friends.  This is a picture from Manoa, looking up at the almost perfect and surreal sky.


This if going to sound crazy, but chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  We roast, coat, and pack them at my work, and they are a huge part of our revenue.  So I am ever thankful that people love them.  I in turn work hard to make them, and truly love my job.  Everyday I am grateful for my position and the things I have learned and continue to learn as an assistant pastry cook.


My sometimes silly fiance for loving my sometimes serious self.


Living in a place where moments like these aren't that rare, but the chance to capture them is pure luck.


and last but not least, family. They provide endless entertainment, support, and friendship.

I am thankful for everything in my life at the moment.  I am loving surfing, hiking, and enjoying the beauty of Hawaii.  My twin brother is coming to visit in a few weeks and I am thankful for the chance to spend some time with him again.  My job has been a dream come true and I couldn't ask for a better opportunity.  My family will soon be all together for my wedding and I can't wait to see what this year brings.  Until next Thanksgiving, remember what you are thankful for and don't forget to humbly accept all of life's opportunities and experiences .

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails