Sunday, August 15

Snacks at Shirokiya...

I went to Shirokiya the other day for one of my favorite snacks, MOCHI!  I always get the little mochi balls from the shop on the upper level next to the crepe station.  The pineapple mochi is to die for and is the perfect snack for shopping.  :)  I guess it depends on what you are shopping for, but I do a lot of window shopping and walking around looking at everything.


This is Chichi Dango, a soft and chewy mochi.  If you aren't familiar with mochi it is similar to a gummy with a lot less sugar and flavor.  It also has a similar squish like a marshmallow but is made with mochi flour.  Shirokiya in Ala Moana sells my all time favorite.  :)  They also sell multi-flavor packs and even smaller mochi balls.  The same little area also sells filled mochi, with red bean and lots of other flavors.


I also had this kabocha manju. ( A Japanese steamed cake)  It was so delish!  Soft and full of pumpkin.  YUM.  I am so into Kabocha right now, I can't get enough.  My favorite treat: Kabocha Tempura!


Here is their ad for this weeks specials.  You can check it out on their website and get the store hours and location.  Click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails