Sunday, September 20

Cable Scarf

Hooray! A new finished project! This is one of my favorite scarves. It is a thick cable pattern, but I made it with a thinner yarn than the pattern called for, so I ended up just making it SUPER long to make up for it. :) I think it worked, it is deliciously soft and wonderfully stylish. Let me tell you a little bit about the pattern, yarn, and project.

Yarn: I received this yarn as a gift 2 years ago from my aunt, also a knitter. She purchased this yarn from in Sienna, Italy and gave it to me when I was in France teaching English. I cherished this yarn but wanted to save it for a really great project.

Pattern: I have a new obsession with cabling, so I began to search for the perfect cabled scarf pattern. I found a few like this one and they all seemed easy enough, so I started.

Project: This project only took me a matter of days, but I dreamed of it for years!  Now I have to decide if I want to add pom-poms to the ends or not.  What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails